A social media post, in general, is a type of content that appears on your news feeds, profile pages, and other social media platforms.
Many brands have experimented with posting on social media, but few have been successful.
You may have noticed, however, that your brand’s Facebook timeline is filled with posts from other accounts. You can see this by going to your timeline and clicking the “See all posts” link.
These posts, which you’re likely seeing in your news feeds, are all from other brands.
This is an example of the posts that show up on your timeline:
Why does this matter?
Well, when you post on social media, you want to try to be useful and helpful.
In the same way that you would use your own Facebook profile to help your target audience find you and understand your industry, you want to use your Facebook posts to help your target audience find you and understand your industry.
You want to help them find you!
How do I know if I need to post on social media?
There are a few reasons why you should post on social media right now.
You’ve already created a content strategy.
If you don’t have a content strategy, you are simply making guesses. You don’t have a direction for your content. You haven’t determined what your content will be about.
You have no idea if your content is valuable.
Your content strategy will help you figure that out.
You are marketing to your ideal customers.
You have the same customer profile and buyer personas that your social media posts are written about.
You are focusing on the right social media platforms.
Your audience has a social media profile. You are targeting them.
You have a solid plan for how you will execute your posts.
You have a social media plan.
Having a clear plan for your social media posts will help you connect with your audience and generate results.
So, what should I post on social media?
There are many types of content that you can post on your social media profiles.
Here is a list of the types of social media posts you can have:
- Photos and videos
- Business updates
- News and updates
- Blog posts
- Product updates
- Quotes and reviews
- Thought leadership
- Event updates
This is the same type of content that you would use on your website.
However, we’ll briefly cover some of the types of content that you can find on social media.
Photo and video posts
Photo and video posts are the most common types of posts that you will find on your social media accounts.
There are several types of photo and video posts that you can post.
- Instagram posts: Instagram is the most common social media platform used to post photos.
- Facebook posts: You can post photos on Facebook and use Facebook tools to create custom post-like features that automatically add text, hashtags, and location information to your post.
- Twitter posts: Twitter is a popular social media platform, but the same rules apply as for how you write your tweets apply here.
- Pinterest posts: Pinterest is a platform for visual content, and you can use it to post pictures and short quotes on Pinterest.
- Snapchat posts: Snapchat is a platform that is mostly used to take photos and videos. You can add text to your posts.
When you post on social media, you have the same tools available to you as you would on your blog.
When you post on your blog, you will see these tools.
But, when you post on social media, you have to go the extra mile to include some of the following elements:
- The post includes a call to action.
- The post includes a call to action that directs readers to a landing page.
- The post includes a call to action that directs readers to a link to your website.
- You have to include a link to the post and a link to the landing page, blog post, or blog post.
- Your post is in the format that your readers prefer.
This is similar to the rules of creating blog posts.
For example, if you are writing a blog post about a recipe, you won’t share the recipe with your readers. You will share the dish, the recipe, the steps, and the ingredients.
But, when you share a photo on Instagram or Pinterest, you will be sharing the picture, the photo caption, and the hashtag.
You don’t have to use the same format that your blog post uses.
You can use different formats.
Here are some examples of what you can post on social media:
- Hashtagged posts
- Instagram Stories
- Snapchat Stories
- Facebook posts
- Twitter posts
- Pinterest posts
- Video posts
You can also create video posts.
These are posts that aren’t always in the same format as photos.
You can use video posts as part of your content strategy to generate brand exposure.
You can use videos to build trust, increase your authority, and drive engagement.
You can also use video posts in different ways to build your social media presence.
Here are some video examples:
- Instagram Stories: Instagram Stories are a new feature available on the app that gives users the ability to take quick photos and videos.
- Facebook posts: You can use the same Facebook tools to create custom post-like features that automatically add text, hashtags, and location information to your posts.
Business updates are posts that are directly related to your company.
These posts are often posts that you can use to tell your audience about:
- New products or services.
- Product updates.
- Company updates.
- News and updates.
- Business partnerships.
You can also use business updates posts to share about:
- Company culture.
- Company goals and initiatives.
- Company values and culture.
- Company history.
- Company culture and history.
- Company history and culture.
These posts are the most common types of posts that you will find on your social media accounts.
Posts that include the call to action.
A custom post feature on Instagram.
Custom post features on Facebook.
Custom post features on Twitter.
Images by Freepik
Generated by AI