In this section, we’ll look at the difference between Immediate Content Update (ICU) and Advertising, and the pros and cons of each.
ICU is an in-app update that allows you to change content on your app without you needing to update your app on the Google Play Store.
The Pros and Cons of ICU
The following are some of the pros and cons of ICU:
- Increases the user retention rate
- Removes the need for app updates
- Provides visibility of app performance and stability
- Allows you to experiment with new ideas
- Requires a new app update
- Your users/customers may not be updated right away
- Requires a lot of time and resources
- May cause unstable app performance
Advertising is when you pay Google to insert your app on Google Play.
The Pros and Cons of Advertising
The following are some of the pros and cons of advertising:
With advertising, you can get more installs without having to wait for Google to approve your app
- If your app is not available on Google Play, your app may be removed
- You will need to pay Google to promote your app
- App installs do not show on the store page
- Ads may change according to the device you’re using
What is Google Adsense?
Google Adsense is a service that allows you to pay Google to display your app on Google Play. The payment is made by Google every time your app is clicked. (See more details in Google Play Services in this post).
In short, Google Adsense is made to enable you to make money from your app and it is one of the most popular ways to do so.
What is Google Play?
Google Play is a cloud service that gives Google and the Google Play Store the right to monetize apps and distribute them to users. Google Play gives the rights to Android users to download apps on mobile devices.
Google Play is the place where users can download and install apps to their device. It is the first place where users look when searching for an app. Google makes this service available to all Android app users.
Google Adsense vs. Google Play Store
In this post, we are going to discuss the difference between Google Adsense and Google Play Store.
Here are some of the most important reasons why you should use Google Adsense:
- Google Adsense is free for the ads on your app
Google Adsense is the way to obtain the maximum number of installs for your app.
- Ad networks like Adsense have millions of users who do not have to pay for the ad placement
Ad networks like Adsense will show your app on the Google Play Store.
- Google Adsense is easy to use
Once you create your Google Adsense account, the whole process is easy and fast.
- Adsense ads are very flexible
Google lets you change the ad placements you want to use
- Paying with Adsense is fast
The whole process of creating an Adsense account is very fast
- Adsense ads are well-targeted
Adsense ads tend to be more relevant to the ads
- Adsense ads are more relevant
Adsense has a much higher ad rank than Google Play Store
Adsense ads tend to have a higher ad rank
- Adsense ads can appear on the device’s home screen
Your ads can appear on the home screen of the device
- Adsense ads are more visible
Adsense ads can be seen much more easily
- Adsense ads have a high click-through rate
Adsense ads have a higher click-through rate
- Adsense ads receive more clicks
Adsense ads receive more clicks than Google Play Store
- Ads on Google Play Store can be hidden
You can hide your ads on the Google Play Store
- Ads on Google Play Store can be removed
You can remove your ads from Google Play Store
- Adsense ads can be easily removed
You can easily remove Google Ads from your account
- Adsense ads can be easily disabled
You can disable Google Adsense ads
- Adsense ads can be easily updated
You can easily update the ads on your account
- Adsense ads have a high conversion rate
Adsense ads have a higher conversion rate
Can I use Adsense on my app?
Yes, you can use Adsense on your app.
How does Adsense work?
Adsense ads will be placed on your app’s app icon. These ads will display on the App Store and Google Play Store.
Adsense ads will appear on the screen of Android devices. They will not be visible on the device’s screen if they are hidden on the app.
Adsense ads will appear on the home screen of the device. If your mobile device is not connected to the internet, then the ads will not appear on the device.
What are the Adsense Display Rules?
The Display Rules specify how Google Ads display.
These rules allow Google to deliver a consistent experience to all users.
Google allows users to choose how their ads are displayed based on rules that are set in advance.
These rules are not set in stone and are changed from time to time.
The Display Rules are set in the Adsense console. You can learn more about the Display Rules here.
How much can I make with Adsense?
With Google Adsense, you can make your app free if you have a high Adsense ad rank.
After choosing the right Adsense account, the amount of money you can make is based on a few factors.
The Adsense Ad Rank
The Adsense Ad Rank is calculated by taking the number of clicks on your ads and dividing it by the number of installs on your app.
If your app has a high Adsense account rank, you can make more money.
Things to keep in mind
Adsense ads show on the devices’ homescreen so you should make sure that your app is displayed on the home screen.
Adsense ads do not show on mobile devices that are not connected to the internet. It is important to make sure that your ads are visible when users are on the internet.
Adsense ads do not show on the devices’ screens that are not in the range of the device.
Images by Freepik
Generated by AI